I enjoy cooking immensely, as long as I am comfortable with what I am cooking. Stepping out of my little comfort zone is definitely a direction I need to pursue. So, in order to chart those things, here is my bucket list along with just a few “pep talk” points directed to myself.
Baking Bucket List
- Learn how to make homemade ice cream/gelato.
- Make sourdough bread
- Make bruschetta
- Try making scones
- Bake a 2-tier cake from scratch
- Try my hand at homemade icing
- Learn how to use icing decorating tips and tools.
- Make homemade dumplings
- Create my own cupcake
- Try making cupcake balls by bakerella.
Grilling Bucket List
- Try stir-frying on the grill.
- Try a new kabob.
- Try blackening fish.
- Cook more fish on a weekly basis.
- Grill different vegetables.
Genres of Cooking
- Try 3 Italian dishes I would not ordinarily order at a restaurant.
- Try 3 French dishes I would not ordinarily try.
- Try 3 Mediterranean dishes I would never think of trying.
- Try 3 Asian dishes I would never try.
- Try recipes from Food stars: Paula Deen, The Neely’s, Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray, Barefoot Contessa, David Lebowitz, & Bobby Flay
- Open up a bit and experiment with recipes
- Be on the lookout for interesting recipes
- Try eggplant, leeks, tofu, and artichoke hearts
- Put together a recipe book of my own favorite recipes.
- Keep the blog updated.
- Purchase new cookbooks that require intermediate cooking skills, or check out books at the local library.
- Cook more with the kids
- Invite Travis to cook with me more.