Yep…another pasta dish! We honestly do not eat pasta all the time, I promise. We dont even eat pasta once a week; more like once a month. But yesterday we had a family birthday party for E, and she requested Baked Ziti, one of her favorites. It is similar to lasagna. Instead of using ricotta or cottage cheese, sour cream is used . Besides the ziti, I also made stuffed shells and served them both with a fresh, green salad and Italian bread.
1-16 oz. box rigatoni pasta
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 jars spaghetti sauce (I use Prego Traditional)
6 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
6 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
1.5 cup sour cream
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. fresh basil, shopped
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. Brown beef and onion and drain.
3. Add sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Place half of the cooked pasta in a greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with half the provolone and mozzarella cheeses. Spread half of the sauce mixture on top. The, spread out sour cream. Cover with remaining layers of pasta, cheese and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.